I’m really excited to be sharing this post with everyone today. I’ve partnered with ShopStyle to share Fashion Targets Breast Cancer charity by CFDA (Counsil of Fashion Designers of America). For the next week (10/17-10/23), I’ve agreed to donate 10% of my gross revenue to FTBC.
Cancer is unavoidable in life. Everyone has some sort of connection to someone who has or had cancer. Whether it’s been a neighbor, a family member, or a friend, cancer is inevitable in life. October is all about spreading awareness for breast cancer. 1 in 8 (or 12%) of women in America will develop breast cancer at some point in their life.
Take a couple moments out of your day to look over the signs of breast cancer from the National Breast Cancer Foundation:
- A Change In How The Breast Or Nipple Feels
- Nipple tenderness or a lump or thickening in or near the breast or underarm area
- A change in the skin texture or an enlargement of pores in the skin of the breast (some describe this as similar to an orange peel’s texture)
- A lump in the breast (It’s important to remember that all lumps should be investigated by a healthcare professional, but not all lumps are cancerous.)
- A Change In The Breast Or Nipple Appearance
- Any unexplained change in the size or shape of the breast
- Dimpling anywhere on the breast
- Unexplained swelling of the breast (especially if on one side only)
- Unexplained shrinkage of the breast (especially if on one side only)
- Recent asymmetry of the breasts (Although it is common for women to have one breast that is slightly larger than the other, if the onset of asymmetry is recent, it should be checked.)
- Nipple that is turned slightly inward or inverted
- Skin of the breast, areola, or nipple that becomes scaly, red, or swollen or may have ridges or pitting resembling the skin of an orange
- Any Nipple Discharge
- Particularly clear discharge or bloody discharge
Please spread awareness this month, donate, and share information about how to spot the signs of breast cancer.
*Arkansas, Alabama, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Vermont, and Wyoming sales are excluded.
Last week I stopped into one of the many state parks in Minnesota to see the foliage before it was gone. There were many different progressions, areas that were still very green and then others where you could only see orange and yellow.
This outfit was perfect for a day like this. It was comfy but kept me warm on these chillier fall days.
If you’ve been following me on social media, you would know I was in Chicago! I was there from Wednesday morning through Friday night. It was a busy couple of days, but enjoyable. It was nice to get out of North Dakota for a little while!
Since it was quite hot in Chicago, I brought out some of my clothes for warmer weather. One of the outfits I wore was this one!
I bought this top over the summer and I love the cross detailing in the front. Unfortunately, I’m just noticing that my hair is covering the detailing. 😳
I bought these shoes to match the top. They are almost the exact same color so it was perfect. I’m a little obsessed with the color lately so I know that they will match up with many of my other outfits. 🙂
Shop this post:
Top: Ralph Lauren (30% off with code FAMILY until Oct. 3rd!) // Cardigan: J. Crew // Jeans: J. Brand
Shoes: Gucci (similar)// Bag: Vintage Coach (found here and similar)
Necklace: J. Crew (currently 50% off)
This outfit was from a couple of days ago and it’s versatile for so many occasions. You can wear it going to class, work, or just to hang out with friends.
The top is an old oxford from Ralph Lauren, but luckily they still sell the classic items that people are always returning to buy. I own this top in many colors and patterns. I pair it with vests, blazers, and cardigans. Ralph Lauren is currently having a sale running until October 3rd where you can get 30% off your order with the code FAMILY. Make sure to stock pile up on some basic oxfords!
The cardigan is from J. Crew. The specific one I’m wearing has cashmere mixed into it, but the ones that are being sold now are basically the same…just without the cashmere. To be honest though, the cashmere doesn’t make that big of a difference 🙂
I also wore it with my favorite blue jeans by J. Brand. These are my usual go-to jeans but lately I’ve been moving over to 7 for All Mankind jeans! Both are great quality though so my jean collection is a 50/50 of both.
Shop this post:
I’ve been really slacking lately with my posts. 😳 I will be getting busier within the next month or so, but hopefully that gives me more opportunities to wear cute outfits and make more blog posts! I will also be moving into a new apartment tomorrow and I’m hoping with my new set up that I’ll be able to take some of my own pictures 🙂
Onto my outfit! This combination of flannels and skirts is one of my favorite fall outfits. It was actually in the 60’s the day I wore this outfit and it was perfect. The flannel and wool skirt kept me warm but didn’t overheat me. I’m just patiently waiting to bring out all of my layers!
Shop this post: